Instead of doing a weekend preview today I’ve decided that since so many films are coming out this month I’m just going to tell you my top ten to see in November. Why? Because I’m SO EXCITED.
November and December are the best movie months of the whole year (usually). There are other films aside from these ten coming out so don’t you worry, I will still update you every weekend with other films beside these ten. BUT THIS WEEKEND, you’re getting a top ten list for the month.
Already in Theaters
1) Wreck-it-Ralph: I just reviewed this film. It’s very cute and a good film to see with your family.
2) This Must Be the Place: I haven’t seen this yet but I think the story has a lot of potential and Sean Penn is a phenomenal actor. See it if you can or put it on your list for the future.
Opening This Weekend (You’re still getting films to see this weekend!)
3) Skyfall: I just saw this and I will have a review for you soon! It’s a good movie but it’s not the BEST movie you’re going to see this season.
4) Lincoln: I said this the last time I discussed this movie but I will say it again. DANIEL DAY LEWIS IS PLAYING ABRAHAM LINCOLN! What more do you want? Seriously? This is all you need. It will probably be good too. So just go. It’s out. SEE IT YOU FOOL.
Opening 16th -23rd
5) Anna Karenina: If you read my Fall Preview article you’ll know I’m really excited for this. The trailer is beautiful and Joe Wright is awesome. It’s got amazing potential and I cannot wait to see it.
6) Silver Linings Playbook: I wasn’t expecting to want to see this because I’m not the biggest fan of Bradley Cooper movies. However, David O. Russell who directed “The Fighter” wrote and directed Silver Linings. AND Jennifer Lawrence is in it and she’s one of the best actors out there right now. Plus I’ve heard it’s a much darker film than the trailer makes it seem.
7) Life of Pi: Honestly, this isn’t at the top of my list, but I’ve read good reviews of it and I do like Ang Lee. I think it will be worth seeing, but it might not be memorable. Or maybe I’ll love it and I’ll eat these words. Anything is possible.
8) Hitchcock: Anthony Hopkins is playing Alfred Hitchcock and that is honestly all I would need to know to want to see this. But, the trailer is also great. Helen Mirren is in it. Scarlett Johannson is in it. I am hopeful.
9) Rust and Bone: This film might actually be higher on my list than Anna Karenina now. Maybe. They’re tied. I really cannot wait to see this. I always worry when I get this excited for a film that I’m going to be disappointed, but it feels like it’s going to be such a beautiful story. I really hope it is.
10) Killing Them Softly: There’s something about this trailer that is just cool as hell. Maybe it’s the Johnny Cash song or just Brad Pitt’s cigarette. I don’t know. But I want to see it.
There you have it. Do not fret, I will remind you of all these films again as they come out. It’s a good month, embrace it!